We had the most fantastic time on our Spring Break journey up Highway 1 on the coast of California last week! I am still amazed at how wonderfully the whole trip went.
- The weather was stellar,
- this family of four got along 98% of the time,
- the 5 hotels I had picked out via the Internet were superb
- and I'd say two of them were even unbelievable,
- the whole state turned this amazing emerald green just for our visit
- the Pacific Ocean, which I had never seen before, was so much more than I had imagined,
- the scenery was magnificent
- the sea lions, otters, elephant seals, and gray whales put on show after show for us in their natural habitats,
- we got upgraded to a nice KIA van instead of the car I had originally rented at no extra charge,
- the kids didn't complain about eating picnic sandwiches one meal a day
- James managed the LA traffic splendidly
- the AMTRAK trip proved to be fairly pleasant and a good choice
- and we got home safe and sound, leaving only a bag of over-the-counter meds in a hotel room.
So thanks so much for those of you who did trail maintenance with me last week. I loved reading your comments and was so glad you joined me out on the trail, but I wasn't capable of commenting back any last week. Yes, my son had his laptop with him and we had free wifi in most of the hotels, but he's 19. Enough said. So, again, I'm grateful you worked along with me last week.
Sorry for such a random post today - I guess it's sort of a post-vacation type thing. Please pray for me to get my work done today and I'll pray for productive days for all of you too. You are my joy!!!