- Had a hunk of gunk removed from my right shoulder yesterday. Don't fret. I'd had it for over 14 years and it hadn't killed me yet, so it's not deadly. Just unsightly. Good riddance.
- Although it was just a "procedure" and I just had local anesthesia, it was no walk in the park. Get a whole chicken, cut it apart with a kitchen knife, and listen carefully. That was what my little procedure sounded like. Heaven help!
- According to the doctor (who wanted to show me what he'd cut out but I declined) chicken fat is what it looked like too. His words. I swear.
- My son called me right after my procedure yesterday. I was touched by the fact that he had remembered I was having my "operation" that day... then I came back to the planet I really live on..."Oh, was that today? I'm just running a little early for class and thought I'd call." Well, at least he called.
- I generally sleep on my right side. You do the math = very little sleep last night = biting sarcasm today.
- My friends and I joke about the fact that you know you're getting old when your conversation amounts to "How did you sleep last night?" "How is your ______ (back, stomach, knee, twitchy thing your eye has been doing, etc.)?" "When do you go back to the doctor?" I'm feeling really old lately. The only consolation? My friends are obviously getting old too.
Labels: Not So Wordy Wednesday